Major Planetary Transit – June 6th, 2011
Rahu and Ketu Move into Scorpio and Taurus Respectively
Since we haven’t focused on these Snake Planets since their last shift in November of 2009, it will be helpful for you to have an understanding of their significance. Look for a follow-up newsletter this Friday on the specific impact this important upcoming transit will have on you.
The ‘Mean’ Transit is the Actual Transit
Rahu and Ketu are mathematical intersection point between the Moon’s course and the Earth’s course around the Sun. When the earth wobbles it would appear that the Moon has slightly shifted its position roughly up to 1 degree. The 1 degree wobble happens in 2 months.
So the first touch, ‘True’, of Rahu and Ketu to the sign Scorpio and Taurus respectively is May 2nd, 2011 however it is only a knock on the door. The mid-point , ‘Mean’, of Rahu and Ketu, enters Scorpio on June 6th and its full impact can be felt in your life.
This is not new to planetary transits. Even the transits of Jupiter and Saturn can be felt by you up to several months prior to their transit date as they approach their new sign but certainly once the planets are in the sign fully, their impacts are indisputable. The ‘Mean’ entry of Rahu and Ketu is the actual entry into a sign.
The Snake Planets Rahu and Ketu
Unlike the other planets, Rahu and Ketu travel in a counter-clockwise direction over the natal charts spending around 1-2 years in each of the signs. This year, they are changing signs or making a transit commencing on June 6, 2011. Rahu is shifting from Sagittarius into Scorpio, while Ketu is moving from Gemini into Taurus where they will remain for the next 18 months.
Major transits like these can give us interesting insights about our future. We examine transits with respect to individual Moon signs (also called Vedic rising signs, Ascendants or Lagna). Results can range from aggravation to atonement depending on the individual’s chart – where your other planets are placed – and predictions from our expert astrologers. However, Rahu and Ketu can bring positive or negative effects on your life completely dependent upon their positions in your birth chart.
As mentioned, Rahu and Ketu are unique in the sense that they always appear in the chart in a retrograde direction. Both of them contain key clues about your karma from previous lives as well as important issues for you to work on in this one.
Astronomically, Rahu and Ketu are the mysterious unseen points in space causing the eclipses. While they are not technically planets, their influence is so significant that they were given the status of planets by the ancient sages as they can seize hold of our consciousness. In Vedic legend, Rahu and Ketu are each part of a snake that was cut in two. For most of us, no single planet is 100% malefic or 100% beneficial. The effect of this upcoming transit depends on how we respond to both favorable and unfavorable situations as there is always a free will.
Rahu has a positive side and can offer great boons in communication, innovative ideas, new inventions and improved technology. Ketu is sometimes called the saintly planet as Ketu can help push us to be motivated for spiritual liberation. Rahu can help make us extroverted, affirming and ambitious, while Ketu’s influence can push us to be more introverted or detached. However, both Rahu and Ketu can have a poisonous side as well and their malefic energies are dreaded as Rahu can trigger out of control behaviors such as addiction, and Ketu can make material comforts evaporate.
Rahu’s transits show where someone is likely to expand, become driven, try new things and disperse their energy into materialistic pursuits. Wherever Rahu is in your birth chart is an area you may have avoided in your recent past lives, and it is an area you may have to work on this lifetime.
Ketu’s transits shows where someone is likely to experience restriction, detachment, completion or focus and deepen their spiritual pursuits. Wherever Ketu is in your birth chart may be a place you have felt more comfortable in past lives and may be where you naturally wish to focus again now. However, you must first deal with the lessons of Rahu before the fruits of Ketu can open.
General Predictions Chart For FAVORABLE :
Gemini, Cancer, Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Pisces
-Rahu in 6th & Ketu in 12th house
- Increase in self-effort and thus success in service
- Support through employees and colleagues in service
- Success in litigation and court cases
- Repayment of loan and debt
- Gain through old friends and women
- Success in sports activities and conjugal bliss
- Success in competition and elections
- Opposition through near relatives
- Physical trouble or separation from wife
- Deprived from rightful positions
- Health troubles related to ulcers, abdomen and teeth could bother
-Rahu in 5th & Ketu in 11th house
- New romantic love affairs/foreign relationship will bring happiness
- Gain through spouse and children
- Monetary gain through speculation, shares and lotteries
- Increase in creative activity and artistic pursuits
- Blessed with progeny
- Unemployed will get employed
- 7. Possibility of love marriage
- 8. success in higher studies or foreign journey for further higher studies
- Change in job/service
- Separation and health related problems to mother
- Less fortune to the father
- Misunderstanding with spouse
- Unsteady mind and indecisiveness
- Troubles to/from children and friends
-Rahu in 3rd & Ketu in 9th house
- Gain through relations and siblings
- Short journeys to the south/south-west and west direction
- Spiritual initiation and philanthropic works
- Fulfilment of desired works even if the midst of serious hindrances and obstacles
- Rise in fortune and finance is in the offing
- Gain through rebellious writing and publishing activities
- Separation from family members
- Physical troubles to siblings
- Distress in foreign country
- Troubles through low class people in the society
- Problems to father
-Rahu in 12th & Ketu in 6th house
- Resides in the foreign country
- Promotion in service/job
- Victory over secret enemies
- Profits from new foreign allegations
- Interested in mystical and occult sciences
- Increase in intuitional and prophetic dreams
- Health troubles especially related to eyes, stomach and mental anguish
- Troubles to friends/separation from friends
- Health ailments to spouse
- Loss in business and misunderstanding with partners.
- Danger to children and loss in speculation, shares and lotteries
- Troubles through litigation. Fear of imprisonment or confinement
-Rahu in 11th & Ketu in 5th house
- Gain through new friendship
- Expansion of business and definite profit
- Gain through speculation, lotteries and shares
- Unexpected success in any activities and profit from them
- Birth of daughter brings happiness
- Victory in election and thus gain through social life
- Unfavorable period for elders and elder siblings
- Trouble to mother, children and friends
- Disease in ear, feet and upper abdomen
- Loss in monetary transaction
-Rahu in 9th & Ketu in 3rd house
- Fruitful foreign travel
- Possibility of marriage of siblings
- Name and fame and elevation in position
- Educational success and pursuing higher studies
- Father’s health would be a concern
- Separation from siblings
- Invlovment in litigation could bring trouble
- Change of profession
- Inclination towards different religion
General Predictions Chart For UNFAVORABLE:
Aries, Taurus, Leo, Libra, Scorpio, Aquarius
-Rahu in 8th & Ketu in 2nd house
- Inclination towards research studies
- Gain through unusual methods like shares, lotteries and gambling
- Gain through in-laws and inheritance
- Birth of a son but proved troublesome for native.
- Occult and mystical experiences
- Mental anxiety and agitation
- Loss of reputation and finances
- Prolonged illness and ailments related to glands, stomach, and sex organs
- Danger to spouse and spouse’s family
- Separation from close relatives
-Rahu in 7th & Ketu in 1st house
- Success in public life and social reputation
- Gain through business and spouse
- Marriage and conjugal happiness
- Gain and help through siblings
- Victory over opponents and sudden increase in business
- Separation from wife and relatives
- Ill health to you and spouse and loss of appetite
- Transfer to undesirable places in service
- Trouble in family affairs
- Loss in service and less cooperation through colleagues
-Rahu in 4th & Ketu in 10th house
- Acquisition of immovable property , house and conveyances through legacies or through lotteries
- Domestic happiness
- Success in educational pursuits
- Gain from mother and litigation.
- Unsteady/ fickle mind could bother
- Accidents through vehicles
- Loss of wealth through thieves and fraud in dealing
- New ventures should not be started before completing the current
- Separation from or danger to siblings
-Rahu in 2nd & Ketu in 8th house
- Sudden improvement in financial condition
- Contact with influential people in the society especially in foreign places
- Good name and fame in society
- More practical and endurance and perseverance
- Physical troubles and ailments related to eyes, mouth and face
- Separation from spouse and loss of reputation of spouse
- Fear of assaults and defame from family members
- Opposition from Public.
-Rahu in 1st & Ketu in 7th house
- Peace of mind and fame and increase in self-confidence
- Possibility of marriage
- Planning for business will be successful
- Gain of power and position in the office
- Health troubles
- Loss of strength and courage
- Opposition and troubles through relatives and colleagues
- Ill health to wife and son
-Rahu in 10th & Ketu in 4th house
- Sudden gain of position in service
- Gain in social life by being leader of masses
- Involvement in research activities
- Favor from superiors especially foreign superiors and journey related to professional activities
- Victory in election and legal matters
- Instability and changes in profession/service
- Instability at home and quarrels between the family members
- Unnecessary expenditure in different accounts
- Danger to parents and elder siblings
- Loss in business and ill health to child
One further note, if either Rahu or Ketu are your current major or minor planetary influences (called Dasha/Bhukti), we recommend a minimal home remedy of lighting lemon lamps during Rahu periods or anytime on Sundays, Tuesdays or Fridays.
Preparing Your Lemon Lamps
1. Cut a lemon in half – cross section, not end to end
2. Squish out the juice with your fingers, and remove most of the pulp
3. Very carefully so as not to tear the outer rind, turn the halves inside out so that the outside rind is cupped and the fleshy part is on the outside.
4. Fill the lemon cup with ghee or lamp oil
5. Place a cotton wick in the cup like you would for a ghee lamp
6. You have a lemon lamp!
Make as many as you like. Only burn once and then toss away.
You can reduce the malefic effects of any prediction by performing targeted, Vedic remedies. You can also augment benefic effects of any prediction through remedies. Specific Rahu and Ketu temples were identified by Dr. Pillai to have the greatest remedial impact for this transit. A transit period is an excellent time for everyone to send these planetary beings some love and respect!
Stay Tuned: For those that have particular Snake Planet afflictions in their chart we will have an upcoming targeted remedy that involves a village man with a live cobra! Not to worry it is safe and the snake is not harmed in any way. It is a very powerful and effective ritual to participate in for Snake curses and Snake Planet afflictions.